UPDATE JULY 9TH, 2020
Effective July 13, 2020 you will be required to wear a face covering in all indoor public spaces in the District of Muskoka.
We ask our guests to please comply with the new regional requirements when visiting us indoors. Wearing a face covering will not be required when dining on our Verandah, however upon building entry including visiting our front desk, lobby, lounge, restrooms, guest room corridors, spa and other indoor areas, a protective face covering will be required.
We thank you for your cooperation and efforts to protect yourself and others. We look forward to welcoming you to Windermere House for a safe and positive experience.
For more information regarding regional health requirements, please visit Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
OUR HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOL
After carefully following the guidance of health officials, we are thrilled to open our house to you once again. Our small, dedicated team is looking forward to continuing to provide exceptional service and true Muskoka hospitality.
The safety of our guests and staff remains our utmost priority.
We have developed comprehensive cleaning and physical distancing protocols and although Windermere House has always implemented rigorous cleaning and safety standards, we are now enhancing those standards while following all Ontario Ministry of Health guidelines.
HEALTH & SANITATION GUIDELINES
We encourage you to review the website for the Ontario Ministry of Health guidelines for the latest information about travel health requirements. Below are the comprehensive protocols and procedures we are putting in place.
GUESTS & SERVICE PROFESSIONALS HEALTH
- We ask that only one person from your group/family approaches front desk at check in.
- The hotel has added one-way directional signage and installation of protective barriers where physical distancing is not possible (i.e. front desk, hostess stands).
- Surfaces will be thoroughly treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and cleanings will be conducted with increased frequency.
- Dedicated individuals have been tasked with the sole responsibility of continuous cleaning of frequent-contact surfaces throughout the hotel.
- We have placed signage in lobby and public areas reminding guests to maintain physical distancing protocols (at least six feet).
- We have adjusted furniture to allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- We have provided additional hand-sanitizing stations at the entrance to the hotel, near the front desk, restaurants and public areas.
- Masks will always be worn staff that cannot maintain physical distancing.
- A noninvasive digital temperature reading for all employees is mandatory on a daily basis. Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.4°F will be taken to a private area for a secondary temporal temperature screening. Employees confirmed to have a temperature over 100.4°F will not be allowed to enter the property and will be directed toward appropriate medical care.
THE GUEST EXPERIENCE
- Until further notice, we will not be entering an occupied guest room for housekeeping service. Discretionary housekeeping services will be conducted upon guest request.
- The elevator will not be available for general use but can be utilized for those with a disability and needing assistance with luggage via our bellhop.
- Complimentary breakfast will be served in the Rosseau Grill from 7:30am to 10:00am Monday through Friday and 7:30am to 10:30am Saturday and Sunday.
- Reservations are required for all dining due to limited seating. Windermere House strongly advises you make your dining reservations ahead of arrival.
- Upon checking out please leave your key in your room. Any remaining balance will be billed to your credit card provided at Check-in.
- Hand Washing: Proper hygiene and frequent handwashing with soap will be vital in helping to combat the spread of the virus. All Windermere House employees are instructed to frequently wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds, particularly after any of the following activities: using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, entering and exiting the building, going on and returning from break, and before or after starting a shift.
- COVID-19 Training: All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact, including housekeeping, food and beverage, public area departments, and hotel operations.
CLEANING PRODUCTS AND PROTOCOLS
- We will use cleaning products and protocols which meet provincial guidelines, and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne pathogens. We are working closely with our vendors and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these cleaning supplies and necessary PPE.
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing will be increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent-contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, elevator and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and stair handrails.
All procedures and adapted programming are subject to change based on guidance from the applicable governmental authorities