January 6th, 2022 update:
OUR HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOL
As we gear up to open our house to you again this year, we are carefully following the guidance of health officials. Our small, dedicated team is looking forward to continuing to provide exceptional service and true Muskoka hospitality. The safety of our guests, staff and community remains our utmost priority.
We have developed comprehensive cleaning and support physical distancing / masking protocols and although Windermere House has always implemented rigorous cleaning and safety standards, we are now enhancing those standards while exceeding all Ontario Ministry of Health guidelines.
HEALTH & SANITATION GUIDELINES
We encourage you to review the website for the Ontario Ministry of Health guidelines for the latest information about travel health requirements and public gatherings. Below are the comprehensive protocols and procedures we had in place for the 2021 season. Please note that all procedures and adapted programming are subject to change, based on guidance from the applicable governmental authorities.
GUESTS & SERVICE PROFESSIONALS HEALTH
- As per Provincial regulations, all guests and visitors 12 years of age and older accessing The Rosseau Grill, Lounge and Event space, will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide proof of vaccination along with photo ID.
- We ask that only one person from your group/family approaches front desk.
- The hotel has added one-way directional signage and installation of protective barriers where physical distancing is not possible.
- Surfaces are regularly treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and cleanings are conducted with increased frequency.
- Dedicated individuals have been tasked with the sole responsibility of continuous cleaning of frequent-contact surfaces throughout the hotel.
- We have placed signage in the lobby, guest room corridors and all public areas reminding guests to maintain physical distancing (at least six feet) protocols, directional flows and masking requirements.
- We have adjusted furniture to allow for appropriate physical distancing and directional flow. Please support directional flown markings indoors and outdoors.
- We have provided additional hand-sanitizing stations at all strategic locations.
- Masks will always be worn by staff. We request guests do the same in public areas when not consuming food or beverage. Entry and exit from restaurants require full masking.
- A noninvasive digital temperature reading for all employees is mandatory on a regular basis. Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.4°F will be taken to a private area for a secondary temporal temperature screening. Employees confirmed to have a temperature over 100.4°F will not be allowed to enter the property and will be directed toward appropriate medical care. Guests and visitors will also be scanned at point of entry in addition to random verifications.
THE GUEST EXPERIENCE
Until further notice, we will not be entering an occupied guest room for housekeeping service. Discretionary housekeeping services will be conducted upon guest request. Disposable and reusable beverage containers have been provided for your selection and many in room items and amenities have been removed for your safety – additional supplies can be delivered by contacting reception. Staff will only enter an occupied guestroom in the case of extreme emergency.
All outdoor recreational areas are open at reduced capacity.
Complimentary breakfast will be served on the Veranda or Rosseau Grill (subject to Provincial guidelines) from 7:30am to 10:30am daily.
Reservations are required breakfast, lunch and dinner due to very limited seating. We strongly advise you make your reservations at your earliest convenience.
In Room Dining ext. 605 is readily available daily or Take Out (705) 644-9064, 12pm – 8pm, from Thursday – Sunday.
Upon checking out please leave your key in your room for sanitizing and please advise reception of your departure. Any remaining balance will be billed to your credit card provided at check-in. We ask only one family member approach reception to ensure distancing.
Proper hygiene and frequent handwashing are vital in helping to combat the spread of the virus. All Windermere House employees are trained to ensure proper sanitizing efforts by all visitors.
All employees have received extensive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact, including housekeeping, food and beverage, public area departments, and hotel operations. All employees have access to on site self-testing and are strongly encouraged to receive vaccinations.
All employees carry the responsibility to report any suspected noncompliance with our safety protocols.